Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Black Magic - White Anemone

Hello, everyone! 

Today I have a card to share with you. This was made with the collaboration challenge of Less is More #336 337 and AAA cards #94 in mind. The theme for this special challenge is ONE LAYER CARD ON COLORED CARDBASE. 

I colored a white anemone on black using black magic technique : In this technique you stamp or color the image in white on dark surface and color them using colored pencils. 


I stamped the base layer of an anemone flower and leaves from Fresh Cut Anemones by The Ton in Hampton white pigment ink on black cardstock. I stamped it just before I went to bed, so that it could dry overnight.
On next day I colored the image using Prismacolor pencils. I drew the stem by hand with a white pencil. I've filmed while I was coloring. You can watch my first process video here below or on my YouTube channel :)! It's only the pencil coloring part. Hope I could make a start to finish video some day :)!

After done with pencil coloring I added the stamen using black and purple glaze pens. To brighten the image I colored the outer edge area of the petals with a white gel pen. I smudged the white gel ink with my finger before it dried, so the strokes could blend. The white heat embossed sentiment is from Summer Blooms stamp set by The Ton. To finish off I splattered opaque white watercolor on the panel after covering the image and the sentiment.


Here is my video :)! Hope you like it! 






Thank you so much for stopping by today! 
Have a happy crafty day!
Hugs,
TaeEun

26 comments:

  1. 와....너무너무 멋져요. 저도 검은색 바탕에 펜슬컬러링을 고민하고 있었는데 어떡하면 발색이 잘될까 그걱정만 했었거든요. 정말 멋진 팁이네요^^ 더톤 꽃스탬프들 예쁘네요. 디자인팀 하시면서 자유자재로 다방면으로 활용하시는 모습이 참 보기좋아요^^ 짱!!♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! And how beautifully you've used the coloured pencils to make your bloom come to life. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, winner! Absolutely beautiful TaeEun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular beauty, TaeEun! So love it!!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning. Your coloring is perfect (as always!), this is so skillfully made and so realistic looking. Truly wonderful, you are an artist! The paint drops finish this card off nicely and give it an even more artsy look. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing your coloring process - beautiful card. you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning colouring it looks so vibrant! Elegant card, simply beautiful. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! So delicate and beautiful. Superb colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This flower looks fabulous stamping TaeEun with the white and then adding other colour they stand out beautifully and the green leaves are the perfect tone of green. Pretty background spattering too. Thank you for the video but just a suggestion, perhaps you could do some of it in real time so we can see the progress more easily. I find watching others people's techniques for colouring is a great help and your colouring is the best! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pat:)! I'm still learning how to edit the video. I'll try to leave some part in real time, if I make a video again!

      Delete
  10. OMG ! This is absolutely stunning ! Did not know this technique, you've made it so wonderful ! A great video for a striking colouring and result ! I LOVE it ! An awesome take on our challenge ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning, such a magical look and really impactful. I love that floral image! And your hand drawn stem is awesome! Brilliant card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still catching up, re-learning my daily routine, TaeEun! So happy to see you create this exquisite card ... I've left you some video love! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing example of the black magic technique. This is stunning and so beautifully coloured. Fabulous job. Thank you for joining us at Less is More in collaboration with AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful coloring, TaeEun! Love that flower. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much dimension on that beautiful, no wait, gorgeous flower, TaeEun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so clever, TaeEun! Such beautiful coloring and I love how you used different mediums for your bloom! Such a striking contrast with the black background, too..Love this card and I'm looking forward to watching this video, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing card. Congrats on being showcased.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and congrats on being showcased!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous card and your coloring is amazing - always! Congrats on being showcased!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 태은님 뽑히신거 보고 또 왔어요. 정말 축하드려요. 짝짝짝~~~~♡♡☆☆

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!