Thursday, October 13, 2016

Sending Warm Greetings

 Hello everyone!

I was coloring last night, this time using my Zig markers. Watercoloring is a hard one for me and it took three hours to finish this peonies.

I made a small peony cluster on the center of an A2 panel (Bristol smooth) using the Loose Peonies stamp set by The Ton. I borrowed the leaves from Large Peony 1 and  Large Peony 3.


I stamped the peonies in Tattered Rose and the leaves in Antique Linen DI, masking the images wherever needed. The colors I used for peonies are Light Pink, Light Carmine, Orange, Fl.pink, Dark pink and Blue gray, colors for leaves are Pale gr, Light Gr, Green and Persian Gr. I added some light gray shade along the outline of the bottom part. 
To turn the colored image into a card was not easy. At first I had no idea how to do for a while. 
As I wanted to give the flowers some sky, I decided to cut out a part, after I sketched a big circle. I then blended Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Crushed Olive on the white card base and added some white splatters on it. 
The sentiment is from Sending Peonies stamp set from The Ton as well. I stamped the "Sending" in black on the front panel and added the heat embossed (Liquid platinum) small sentiment using some foam adhesive. 
The front panel was foam mounted on the card base. To finish off I scattered some clear sequins. 

Here some close-up pics! 



I want to enter this card into Addicted to CAS #98: Watercolour and into The Flower Challenge #1: Anything Goes.



Thank you so much for coming!
Have a beautiful day!!!
Hugs,
TaeEun


23 comments:

  1. Tae,

    OH MY MY MY! Absolutely stunning!!!! I am in love with the detail on this card. What an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the beauties you'e made I can't believe watercoloring is hard for you, TaeEun. Yes it takes a long time but it's well worth it IMHO. This is so gorgeous it makes me want to practice my watercoloring more. I love how you cut the circle leaving parts of the flower to hang over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the winner is .... TaeEun!!! OH I do LOve this SO!! I can almost catch the sweet aroma, it is so lifelike!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yet another swoon -worthy card!!!! Love that you cut out part of the image!!! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply so beautiful and elegant - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card and design - such amazing colouring, TaeEun. Love how you cut away from the flower and added that fabulous blue sponging underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an amazing card here TaeEun! such beautiful flowers and your colouring is oustanding. No wonder it took you a long time, so much detail too.Thanks once more for sharing with us a second time over at The Flower Challenge, we hope you will be back again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is an absolute stunner and you were right to take the plunge and cut it and give it some blue background. It turned out beautifully and thank you so much for entering it into the first ever Flower Challenge. Ruth DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew you would make something stunning out of this watercolouring. Absolutely stunning TaeEun, so love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is utterly gorgeous TaeEun and the colours are so vibant and pretty. I love the way you have cut around the flowers and added the blue sky and the wonderful spattering and sequins. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. TaeEun, it might have taken you three hours to finish the peonies - but it was worth every minute. they really are gorgeous. Great layout, too. I need to steal this idea. So glad you shared your stunning creation with us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! Such gorgeous colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Worth all the effort TaeEun! Gorgeous work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, okay, enough is enough! I just know this is a store bought card. It is so absolutely, positively perfect!!! I literally gasped when I first saw it. Please, please, please do a video showing how you paint or color your flowers. I cannot unravel the gorgeous blending that each petal has and my flowers look awful. I know I will never get mine to look like yours since you have such a wonderful talent, but maybe a video would help improve them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like the result was worth every minute of the colouring! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely GORGEOUS Peonies, TaeEun! Your coloring is so beautiful, and I have to say that it was worth every bit of the time you put into it...WOW! I love your creative design, too...your background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cut away and those beautiful blousey peonies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't it funny how you find water colouring hard and it takes you so long, whereas I look at your cards and feel that your a natural at it!! This is absolutely gorgeous and I love all the different colours you used within the petals. Thank you so much for supporting us at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful coloring... congrats on your win at the flower challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so in awe of your talent with watercoloring, TaeEun! Congratulations on the well-deserved WIN at The Flower Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is jaw-dropping gorgeous, TaeEun! Congratulations on your win at the Flower Challenge! Your coloring is striking, and your card is beyond words amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card has always been my favorite. It is such a beautiful and unusual. Each element of the card is ideal. I love your watercolor. Colours and their way of mixing captivated me. Great watercolor.
    Congratulations unprecedented victory in The Flowers Challenge.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  23. TaeEun I am not at all surprised this beauty won the Challenge ... it really belongs in a frame, in a gallery, or on my wall!!! xx Congratulations and well deserved!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!