Friday, February 19, 2016

Less is More, HLS CASE, Hero Arts and ATSM

Hello and Happy Friday!

Today I have two cards to share with you.

My first card is a CASE of so very talented Shona Chambers' card.  At Happy Little Stampers CASE the Designer Challenge we are asked to CASE Shona's card with a stamped background and an adorable elephant in a circle in center.


I chose a Sketchy flourishes stamp from Inkadinkado for my background. I thought it goes well with that bird and the font of the sentiment from the Whimsical friends stamp by Happy Little Stampers.
I stamped the flourishes on a silver shimmer CS using embossing ink and heat embossed it in silver. For the central circle I took the same paper as the front panel, added a white circle underneath it. I then stamped the sentiment and the bird with black pigment ink, clear heat embossed it and colored the bird using Stardust gelly roll pens. All the elements were mounted flat on a white card base.

And here is Shona's card. So adorable!!


My second card was made with the Less is More and Hero Arts Challenge in mind.


The image is from Winged beauty stamp by Penny Black. When I saw a card on Virginia Lu's Blog featuring this stamp set, I fell in love and had to have this. I used here Spectrum Aqua Markers and Misti to stamp the image as Virginia did. I stamped only two images from the stamp set to leave more white space for the Less is More challenge. I stamped several times with various colors without water mist till I was happy with the result and added details using colored pencils.
I drew thin lines on both sides using gold ink and splattered some gold ink on the image too.
The gold heat embossed sentiment is from Messages with Flourish stamp set by Hero Arts.

Challenges: 



Thank you for stopping by! 
Have a wonderful weekend! 

20 comments:

  1. Wow, such a pretty card! So delicate and elegant, beautiful watercolours and the gold sets it off perfectly. Very pretty indeed. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the background on your first card is perfect for your bright colored bird and your second card is gorgeous - your coloring is wonderful - looks like more winners to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea to give the LIM card a border in gold! It really sets off the images and looks amazing. Beautiful cards both of them <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards but absolutely adore your winged beauty one, you have coloured it beautifully :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Both cards are jaw-droppingly AWESOME! Love the detail, love the colours and such striking cards.
    Great take on our stem challenge and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really beautiful card. But this is the first card meant that I was speechless with delight! Finite perfection!
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards as ever TaeEun, beautiful stamping too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! The elegant background on the first complements the bird and I love the beautiful watercolour effect on your second :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous cards! What a great take on the challenge on your first card and your second card is simply stunning!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers February challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great pair of cards and I particularly love the CASE card. The embossed silver background is beautiful and I love that whimsical bird taking centre stage. Great CASE!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You already know how much I love your card and I'm so excited to have you CASE my design. The intricate silver embossing is such a cool idea and love the colourful birdie in the middle. Your second card looks like an art piece, your so good with your attention to detail. Its beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really gorgeous cards, Tae Eun! I love your silver flourishes and bird, and your 'Winged Beauty' on the 2nd card is stunning! I agree with Shona...your attention to detail is amazing, and your artistic designs just take my breath away!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM! We love seeing your beautiful cards in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards TaeEun. I particularly love the bird done with paints and all the different colours you have used, perfection in this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a beautiful card, love the gold inked edges.
    Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Love the embossed background!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely project! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that embossed flourish background, TaeEun, and the way you colored the bird. It's so cute yet elegant. The winged beauty card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love these both!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CASE challenge.
    태은님 블로그는 참 오랫만에 찾아오네요. 인스타그램으로 먼저 봤지만 이렇게 블로그에서 보니 또 다른 느낌이네요^^
    태은님 카드들이 점점 이뻐지네요^^
    잊지않고 챌린지도 참여해주셔서 감사합니다^^ 늘 응원할게요~

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful cards...love them!
    Thanks for joining the Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!