Sunday, October 18, 2015

You are loved.

This week's cue word at CASology is YOU.  And I had this design for that in my mind for days but I have been very busy this week with field trips, back to school night and appointments. 
Today I could make this card just in time :).



My sentiment is "U are loved". And I wanted to make U into a vase. 
At first I printed "are loved" on a white CS (font: channel). I then made a cutting file for the vase in shape of U and cut it from a yellow CS with my Cricut. I adhered an acetate sheet on the back of the U to imitate a glass vase. 
The tulips from Clearly Besotted was stamped on the white CS, white heat embossed and colored using Akashiya sai brush pens and water brush. I stamped the same image also on the panel, which I printed the sentiment and colored it in soft colors. I fussy cut the first tulip image and mounted it and the U vase on the panel as shown in the picture using foam adhesive. I chose a yellow card base for this card. 
To finish off the card I added glossy accents on the vase and the wink of stella on the flowers and lastly the iridescent sequins. 

Challenges:



Thanks for visiting today! 
Have a great new week! 

11 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, TaeEun, and so clever! Love the beautiful yellows and the shine on the "U". Thanks for playing long with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TaeEun, this is so creative and beautiful! I love your idea, the vase is beautiful, and I adore the white embossed flowers, such a pretty effect! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that play with the U and the vase. So clean and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE clever designs like this TaeEun! And it's yellow!!!
    Thanks for joining Casology !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very clever, Tae Eun, so joyful and happy! You certainly would feel loved receiving this card! I really like the way you've coloured and embossed your tulips also! Wonderful to have you join us again at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I love your CAS card. This is so beautiful!!!! Thank you for playing with us at ATSM this week. Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Colored” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you used the 'U' for the vase - and your choice of colours. Thanks also for sharing the font you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly CAS and love the added gloss x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful CAS card! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!